Want to secure your MBBS seat at Aga khan university? In this article, we will give you a complete guide about the Aga Khan University entry test 2022. We will also give you a complete guide for the AKU Entry Test preparation guide. So let’s start our article.
Aga khan university is one of the biggest and most famous private international universities in Pakistan with almost 2,873 current students, 16,287 alumni, and 15,275 faculty and staff. It offers a wide range of undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate studies in Pakistan, East Africa, and the United Kingdom.
It offers undergraduate and graduate-level courses in different fields, including medicine, nursing, teacher education, short courses, certificates, and many advanced diplomas. Each year they conduct their AKU Entry Test for MBBS, and thousands of students appear in their entry test.
AKU Entry Test Syllabus 2022
In the AKU entry test, there are two sections. Let’s have a look at each section.
Section 1 English
Section one contains only English tests. A total of one hour time is given to complete this section. It contains three parts.
- Reading comprehension
- Error detections
- Sentence completion
Section 2 Science
Section 2 contains 5 subjects. The total marks for this section are 120. Different subjects have different numbers of questions. The total time allowed for this section is 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let’s have a look at each subject.
- Biology (20 MCQs)
- Chemistry (20 MCQs)
- Physics (20 MCQs)
- Science reasoning (30 MCQs)
- Mathematics reasoning (30 MCQs)
In this entry test, each MCQ carries one mark. But note here that there is also negative marking in biology, chemistry, and physics subjects. On giving the wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be detected from the original marks.
For their sample test and test structure, you can visit the below-mentioned link.
The total time for the AKU entry test is 2 hours and 15 minutes. Candidates must have to complete all the MCQs within the time limit.
There are very strict rules followed at the selected test center for the AKU entry test. All candidates must have to carry their admit cards with them to the test center. You have to arrive 30 minutes earlier at the test center.
Eligibility Criteria For AKU Entry Test
The below are the eligibility criteria for the AKU entry test.
- Successfully complete SSC.
- 60% marks in HSSC OR FSc pre-medical.
- Foreign students must have to submit the equivalence certificate from the Inter Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC) in Pakistan.
How to Apply for MBBS Admission at Aga Khan University?
The procedure of admission at AkU is hassle-free. You can apply online through their official website www.aku.edu. You can download your prospectus and admission form from their official website. After downloading the form, fill it with your right academic details. For submission of the form, you have two options.
- Send it to their prescribed address provided on the admission form through a reliable and trustworthy courier service.
- You can also submit the form by hand at the admission office of AKU in Karachi.
Aga Khan University Admission Fees
Admissions at AKUH are based on merit and do not need any financial background. If any student gets enrolled and they are unable to pay the fee, they may apply for financial assistance.
- Application Fee: 6,800 (One time)
- Admission Fee: 142,000 (One time)
- Security Deposit : 10,000 (Refundable)
- Student Health Fees: 15,600 (Annual)
- Graduation Fee: 18,500 (One time)
- Student Activity Fee: 3,100 (Annual)
- Physical Examination: 12,800 (One time)
- Tuition Fee: 1,040,400 (Annual)
- University Fee: 1,143,600 (Annual)
- Hostel Fee: 22,500 (Monthly)
- Air-conditioning Charges: 5,900 (Monthly)
- Advance Tax (5%): 132,300 (Annual)
AKU Entry Test Preparation Guide
In this section, we will give you a complete guide to successfully preparing for the AKU Entry Test.
Preparation of MCQs for Biology, Chemistry & Physics
For the preparation of science subjects, you only need to do a deep study of your FSc course books. You must need to clear all the points and concepts. Try to learn the definition of all important headings.
- In chemistry, learn all the chemical reactions and equations.
- In physics, try to learn all the formulas and short definitions.
- In biology, try to learn the main concepts of every human body reaction.
Preparation for English
English is the most important part of the AKU entry test. As it is a separate section in the test and you have one hour to complete it. For English section preparation, focus on the below-mentioned points.
- Learn synonyms and antonyms
- Practice sentence correction
- Practice dangling modifier
- Learn the use of the verb, conjunction, adverb, and preposition in sentences
- Practice Analogies
Preparation for Mathematics
The math portion is not much difficult, yet it contains only simple tricky questions. You only need to practice the below-mentioned mathematics question.
- Ratio and proportion
- Geometry and algebra
FS.c Mathematics course book is enough for the proportion of these parts.
We hope you will like our article on the AKU entry test 2022 Complete preparation guide. We try our best to give you complete detailed information regarding the AKU entry test. By following our guidelines, you can successfully clear your entry test.
Still, if you face any difficulty regarding anything about the AKU entry test 2022, feel free to ask us in the comment section. Our MBBS team is always looking forward to solving your queries as soon as possible. Besides this, give you valuable feedback in the comments and share the article with your friends and family members.