King Edward Medical University (KEMU) is a public sector medical university located in Lahore, Pakistan. It is the fourth oldest medical school in South Asia, founded in 1860 by the British Raj. It is named after King and Emperor Edward VII.
The university became King Edward Medical University on May 12, 2005, when it became an independent, degree-granting institution. As an affiliated hospital, Mayo Hospital was added to the university in 1871, when the existing Anarkali Dispensary was closed. The college became an affiliate of the Punjab University in the same year, while in 1887, the university added two more affiliated teaching hospitals: Lady Aitchison Hospital and Lady Willingdon Hospital.
Check Also:- Khyber Girls Medical College Admission
Due to its reputation as Punjab’s most competitive public medical college, King Edward Medical University (KEMU) is the favorite of toppers. The university holds the highest rank in Punjab. In order to be admitted to KEMU, students must score over 90%. The Higher Education Commission of Pakistan currently ranks the university 6th among Pakistan’s medical universities.
King Edward Medical University Admission 2023
In this article, you will find information about King Edward Medical University Lahore Admission 2023 Last Date, admission requirements, last date, fee structure, merit list, entry test date, and admission procedure.
How to Apply
- You can download an application form from the King Edward Medical University Lahore official website or obtain one from the Office of the Registrar (Allied Health Sciences).
- Forms should be fully completed and accompanied by all required documents and a cash payment of Rs. 300/- (per discipline) made out to King Edward Medical University Lahore.
- For each discipline, candidates must submit an application.
- No form will be accepted after the deadline.
The following are the eligibility criteria for KEMU admissions.
- FSc Pre-Medical or Equivalent.
- At least 65% marks in FSc/SSC or Equivalent.
- At least 65% marks in PMC MDCAT 2023.
- A British IBCC Certificate is required for foreign candidates who have completed an Intermediate or equivalent course in Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
- Matriculation (SSC or Equivalent) – 10%
- HSSC/F.Sc (Premedical or Equivalent) – 40%
- Entrance Test – 50%
Submission of Admission Forms
- The candidates having domicile of any district of the Punjab and Federal Capital Area (Islamabad) with a score of 82% percent or above aggregate marks (excluding Hifz-e-Quran marks) as per the PMC formula will be eligible to apply for admission against Open Merit Seats in the public sector medical/dental institutions of Punjab and Reciprocal Seats in public sector colleges of KPK, Balochistan, and AJK.
- Eligible candidates will not be sent a call letter for the purpose of submitting an application.
- After the deadline for forms to be submitted, no forms will be accepted.
Procedure for Submission of Admission Form
Now check the Admission Form Submission of KEMU.
- Candidate Admission Forms must be submitted by hand at a prescribed center. Forms submitted by mail will not be considered.
- Documents must be attached with the Admission Form by candidates. A Government Officer in BS 17 or above must attest all documents attached with the Admission Form unless otherwise indicated. A stamp must bear the full designation of the officer, as well as his or her current duty station.
- If any Board revises the result or improves the score after the submission of the Admission Form, it will not affect the merit list for the current year. Thus, after the candidate submits the Admission Form, a revised mark certificate shall not be accepted. Admissions will also not be granted based on results obtained after forms have been submitted.
Selection and Admission of Candidates
The following is the selection procedure of KEMU.
- The Admission Board will select the candidate. Final decisions regarding admission and selection shall be made by the Admission Board.
- Any error or omission in the Selection List shall be rectified by the Chairman Admission Board.
- For open merit seats, candidates will be selected according to merit, choice, and availability of seats, in that order.
- The candidate who is older in age is given preference over the other if two or more candidates are bracketed, that is if they have exactly the same percentage after calculation. Admission will be based on the Matriculation score (SSC or equivalent) if a tie is still present.
- For open merit seats and reserved seats, there will be separate Selection Lists.
Departments at King Edward Medical KEMU
The KEMU has the following departments.
Basic science departments at KEMU
- Community Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- Medicine and allied departments
- Child Psychiatry
- Dermatology (Unit I and II)
- General Medicine (Unit I, II, III and IV)
- Gastroenterology & Hepatology
- Social and Preventive Medicine
- Tuberculosis and Chest Medicine (Pulmonology)
- Clinical Oncology (Radiotherapy)
- Preventive Pediatrics
- Surgery and allied departments
- Anesthesiology (unit I and II)
- Cardiac Surgery
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Psychiatry and Behavioural Sciences
- Obstetrics and Gynecology(Unit I, II, III, and IV)
- Ophthalmology units I, II, and III
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Orthopedics Unit I and II
- Otorhinolaryngology (Unit I and II)
- General Surgery Unit I, II, III, and IV
- Pediatric Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
Affiliated hospitals at KEMU
The following are the affiliate colleges with KEMU
- Mayo Hospital Lahore
- Lady Willingdon Hospital
- Lady Aitchison Hospital
- Kot Khawja Saeed Hospital
- Shahdara Hospital
- Said Mitha Teaching Hospital Lahore
KEMU Institutes, schools, and centers
The KEMU has the following schools and institutions.
- Centre For Nuclear Medicine (CENUM)
- Convalescent Centre
- School of Nursing
- School of Orthopaedic Technology
- School of Paramedical
- School of Physiotherapy
- College of Ophthalmology and Allied Vision Sciences(COAVS)
Degrees in King Edward Medical University Lahore
At KEMU you can take admission in the below-mentioned degrees.
- BSc Allied Health Sciences
- Doctor of Physiotherapy
- MSc Master of Science
- MD Doctor of Medicine
- Master of Surgery (MS)
- MD General Medicine
- MD Radiology
- MD Psychiatry
- FCPS Anatomy
- MD Pediatric Medicine
- Doctor of Physiotherapy
- Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)
- MS Ophthalmology
- MS Otorhinolaryngology
- MS Obstetrics & Gynecology
- MDS Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
- MDS Operative Dentistry
- MDS Orthodontics
- MDS Prosthodontics
- MDS Periodontology
- MD Cardiology
- MD Dermatology
- MD Neurology
- MD Pulmonology
- MD Nephrology
- MD Endocrinology
- MD Oncology
- MD Radiotherapy
- MD Developmental Paediatrics
- MD Gastroenterology
- MS Anesthesiology
- MS Cardiac Surgery
- MS Pediatrics Surgery
- MS Plastic Surgery
- MS Thoracic Surgery
- MS Neurosurgery
- MS Orthopedic Surgery
- MS Orology
- MPhil Anatomy
- MPhil Physiology
- MPhil Biochemistry
- MPhil Pharmacology
- MPhil Forensic Medicine
- MPhil Microbiology
- MPhil Histopathology
- MPhil Chemical Pathology
- MPhil Hematology
- MPhil Optometry
- MPhil Orthoptics
- MPhil Investigative Ophthalmology
- MPhil Physiotherapy
- MS General Surgery
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil)
- Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Ph.D. Anatomy
- Other courses
- Medical Lab Technology
- Medical Imaging Technology
- Operation Theater Technology
- Ph.D. Basic Sciences and Clinical Sciences
Other Facilities of KEMU
In KEMU you will find the following facilities.
- Computer Lab
If you want to know anything about fee structures, admission policy, hostel facility, or something else about King Edward Medical University you can contact the college administration.
- CONTACT: +92 (42) 99211145-54
- Email: [email protected]
- WEBSITE: https://kemu.edu.pk/
- ADDRESS: King Edward Medical University, Neela Gumbad, Anarkali, Lahore, Pakistan.
A 91.54 percent merit was recorded last year. In Lahore, the King Edward Medical University (KEMU) continued to be the first choice of candidates based on merit, closing at 94.62 percent.
King Edward Medical University (KEMU) is a public medical university based in Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan. The university was founded in 1860 in honor of King Edward VII. It was founded by the British Raj as the Lahore Medical School.
The candidates will require 65% marks in Fsc Pre Medical to get admission to King Edward Medical University.
Our article about King Edward Medical University admission 2023 is sure to be of interest to you. Our goal is to provide you with detailed, complete information about the KEMU admission for 2023.
Still, if you face any difficulty regarding anything about the King Edward Medical University admissions, feel free to ask us in the comment section. Our MBBS team is always looking forward to solving your queries as soon as possible. Besides this, give you valuable feedback in the comments and share the article with your friends and family members.