Islamabad is the capital city of Pakistan, and it is famous for its beauty and high standard of living. There are 12 Medical Colleges in Islamabad and Rawalpindi, out of which 3 are in the public sector, and the remaining 9 are in the private sector.
In this article, we will provide a complete list of both private and public sector medical colleges in Islamabad with admission procedures. We will also give you all the related information about the application process, fee structure, and documents that will be required to secure your admission.
Medical Colleges in Islamabad & Rawalpindi
As we mentioned earlier, there are 3 Colleges in the public sector, and the remaining 9 are private ones.
Public Sector Medical Colleges
The below mentioned are the public sector medical colleges:
|1||Federal Medical College, Islamabad||SZAMBU||100|
|2||Army Medical College||NUMS||204|
|3||Rawalpindi Medical College||RMU||350|
Private Sector Medical Colleges
In this section, you will find the list of private-sector medical colleges:
|1||Al-Nafees Medical College||IU-H||100|
|2||Fazaia Medical College||AU||100|
|3||Foundation University Medical College||FUI||150|
|4||HBS Medical & Dental College||SZABMU||100|
|5||Islamabad Medical & Dental College||SZABMU||100|
|6||Rawal Institute of Health Sciences||SZABMU||100|
|7||Shifa College of Medicine||STMU||100|
|8||Islamic International Medical College||RIU||100|
|9||Watim Medical College||UHS||100|
Dental Institute in Islamabad & Rawalpindi
The below mentioned are the Dental colleges:
Public Sector Dental colleges
The below mentioned are the public sector Dental colleges:
|1||Dental Section, Army Medical College||NUMS||54|
|2||School of Dentistry, Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University||SZABMU||50|
Private Sector Dental colleges
The below mentioned are the private sector Dental colleges:
|1||Dental College, Islamabad Medical & Dental College||SZABMU||50|
|2||Dental College, Rawal Institute of Health Sciences||SZABMU||50|
|3||Foundation University College of Dentistry||FUI||50|
|4||HBS Dental College||SZABMU||50|
|5||Islamic International Dental College||RIU||75|
|6||Shifa College of Dentistry||STMU||50|
|7||Margalla College of Dentistry||UHS||50|
|8||Watim Dental College||UHS||50|
PMC directs the fee structure of medical colleges. According to their policy, the 1-st year fee of MBBS is 13 lac. In this fee, the insurance and admission fee is also included. Next, from the 2nd- year to the downward years, the fee structure will be 20 lac for MBBS.
For admission to Islamabad medical colleges, the Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University is the admitting university. The admission for 2023 is open now, while the last date for admissions is 17 august 2023. Once The admission is completed, the merit list will be displayed online and at the campus.
In the private colleges of Islamabad, the admission process is online. You have to submit all the required documents and forms online through their admission portal.
Read:- Medical College in Pakistan
Documents Required for Admission
To complete the admission application, you will require all the mandatory documents.
For Local Open Merit Seats
For local and open merits seats, you will require the following documents.
- Attested copy of Matriculation (SSC) Certificate or Result card, Equivalence Certificate of O-Level, etc.
- One (l) attested copy Of HSSC Pre-MedicaI result card issued by concerned BISE’ Equivalence Certificate Of 2th Grade etc. issued one (I) attested copy Of transcript/Mark Sheet Of A-level/12th Grade etc. (In case Of foreign qualifications) issued by concerned scam/board
- One attested copy of the result card admission Test (MDCAT-2023) of Pakistan’s province/region.
- One (1) attested copy of the domicile certificate of the candidate.
- One (1) attested copy of the CNIC/E-FornüSmart Card of the candidate.
- One (1) attested copy of CNIC of Father/Guardian
- One recent color passport size photograph
- One ( 1 ) attested copy of the Hifz-e-Quran Certificate issued by a registered Madrassa (only for candidates claiming to be Hifz-e-Quran)
Foreign / Overseas Seats
For foreign and overseas seats, you will be required to have the following documents.
- One ( 1 ) attested copy of the Equivalence Certificate of O-Level issued by IBCC
- One (1) attested copy of Equivalence Certificate of A-level by IBCC.
- The candidate must have studied and passed an Examination or Equivalent from a foreign country.
- One ( 1 ) attested copy of the certificate from the last attended from a foreign country.
- One (1) attested copy of passed foreign SAT II examination with a minimum score of 550 in each of the three subjects, i.e., Physics/Mathematics OR a foreign MCAT with a minimum score of 500.
- One ( 1 ) attested copy of the current valid Card / Passport / NlClNlCOP / PIC of the candidate.
- One ( 1 ) attested copy of the current valid C ICOP / POC Father / Guardian.
- One ( 1) recent color passport size photograph of the candidate.
- One ( 1 ) attested copy of the Hifz E-Quran Certificate issued by a registered Madrassa (only for candidates claiming to be Hifz-e-Quran).
PMC also sets the eligibility criteria for medical colleges. According to their policy, only those candidates will be eligible for admission to appear in any provisional entry test. Moreover, the candidate must have 40% marks in the entry test and 60% marks in intermediate. Otherwise, below this percentage, you will not be eligible for admission.
In conclusion, we hope you will get all the related information about admission to Islamabad’s public and private colleges. If you want to secure your admission, then you must apply before the closing date. Also, carefully submit all your original documents. If you still have any queries related to any college admission policy, you can contact us. Our MBBS team is always there to solve your queries. You can also ask us anything in the comment section. Moreover, don’t forget to share the article with your friends and family members.