If you want to join Pakistan Army as Doctor, then you apply for a program that is Medical Cadet Course. The main criteria to take Admission as Medical Cadet is FSc Pre-medical. Once you get selected for the medical course, you will get a monthly stipend along with free education, and after completion, you will get the first rank as Captain Doctor. There are 2 ways of registration, either online or by visiting the nearest ASRCs.
The registration offense starts in July and ends in August. In this article, you will get detailed information about the registration process and eligibility criteria for the medical cadet course.
Before registration, read this article so that you have complete information about the eligibility criteria and registration process.
AMC Registration for Medical Cadet Course 2022
- Registration starts from 27th July to 16th August 2022.
- Test for Hafiz-e-Quran will be conducted on the 5th and 6th of November, 2022.
- The first merit list will be displayed on 13th November 2022.
- The merit list for MBBS closed at 87.67% and for BDS at 87.67% in 2022.
- Merit list for foreign student closed at 86.62% (MBBS) and 75.97% (BDS).
Online Registration Through Website
In this technological era, there is no need to visit the army centers for test forms. You can also fill and submit the form online through the official website of www.joinpakarmy.gov.pk The candidate must have an authentic email id through which he completes all the information on the site. The preliminary test’s date and time will be given on the computerized roll no slip of candidate. The candidate must have to bring the roll no slip and all necessary documents to the test center.
Registration at Army Selection & Recruitment Centers (AS&RCs)
The following are the selected army selection and recruitment centers where the test will be held on the official announced date.
- AS&RC Rawalpindi
- AS&RC Multan
- AS&RC Hyderabad
- AS&RC Muzaffarabad
- AS&RC Peshawar
- AS&RC Quetta
- AS&RC Gilgit
- AS&RC Faisalabad
- AS&RC Khuzdar
- AS&RC Pano Aqil
- AS&RC Lahore
- AS&RC Karachi
- AS&RC Dera Ismail Khan
The point here is only males can apply for medical cadet course Admission in AMC via medical cadets. After completion of the degree, these cadets are given the rank of captain doctor in the Pakistan army. The eligibility for the medical cadet course is:
- Gender: Male
- Marital Status: Unmarried
- Age: 17 years to 21 years (3 months relaxation on the upper and lower age case).
- Height: 5 feet 4 inches (minimum)
- Vision: 6/6 or with glasses (6/9)
- Weight: as per body mass index.
- Pre-education: FSC (pre-medical) with a minimum of 65% marks and if O levels the minimum grade of C/6.
Although there are a lot of points that make any candidate ineligible for the medical cadet course, the following 4 are most important to mention:
- Declared unfit permanently by the appeal medical board.
- Declared unfit due to severe hepatitis B & C.
- Withdraw from the Academy institution that comes under the control of any Armed Forces.
- Terminated from any Government job.
The selection procedure for the Medical Cadet Course is almost the same as PMA Long Course. There are 5 different types of tests conducted for admission to AMC through the Medical Cadet Course. Let’s have a look at the details of each of these tests. During the 5 years of MBBS and 4 years of BDS, GHQ will pay 30000 PKR every month. Furthermore, the candidate has to wear the official Khaki uniform, Also he will be called Cadet too. Few of the cadets are migrated to the following CMH Colleges or Medical Institutions:
- CMH-Lahore Medical College and Institute of Dentistry
- Quetta Institute of Medical Sciences
- CMH Multan Institute of Medical Sciences
- Wah Medical College
- HITEC Institute of Medical Sciences, Taxila
- Karachi Institute of Medical Sciences
- CMH Institute of Medical Sciences Bahawalpur
- CMH Kharian Medical College
Initial Intelligence Test
The initial test includes the Verbal intelligence test (96 MCQs), and the non-verbal intelligence test (96 MCQs). Both tests will be taken separately. First, the candidate has to clear the verbal test then the non-verbal will be taken.
In this test, test (55 MCQs) 4 subjects come from the FSc syllabus. The test is divided into 4 parts in which biology, chemistry, physics, and English subjects are covered.
In the physical test, the candidate has to do the below-mentioned tasks.
- Running 1.6km in 8½ minutes.
- Push-ups. 15 repetitions in 2 mins
- Ditch crossing 7′.4″×7’4″ with a depth of 4′
- Sit-ups. 15 repetitions in 2 mins
- Chin-ups. 3 repetitions in 2 mins
The medical test of candidates will be done at the ASRC centers. The army doctors will conclude the candidate test. On the other side, the test includes weight, height, eyesight vision, etc.
After passing all the above tests, they will be provided by a Performa, which will be set to GHQ Rawalpindi. The qualified candidates will be called by GHQ for a 2 days personality test in September and October.
Day 1: On the first day, the candidate has to clear a written intelligence test and undergo intelligence tests (written) and other personality tests.
- AM cadet Personality test
- WAT ( 75 words )
- SCT ( 2 sets 26 each only English)
- Pointer stories ( only 2)
- Picture Stories ( only 2)
Day 2: On the second day, the candidate has to clear a brief interview for the final selection.
Here it is also important to mention that only those candidates of the medical cadet course are eligible to sit in the academic test that cleared the initial intelligence test.
All the candidates that successfully cleared all the tests for the medical cadet course including the final interview at GHQ undergo a detailed medical examination at the nearest Combined Military Hospital (CMH).
Final Merit List
After the final medical examination, the list of the final selected candidates for MBBS/BDS is displayed in AMC.
Finally selected candidates must sign a bond to serve for at least 13 years in the Pakistan Army after graduating from Army Medical College Rawalpindi.
After completing medical education (MBBS/BDS), every graduate of army medical college undergoes Basic Military Training of 22 weeks offered by GHQ PA Directorate at Army Medical Corps School and Center Abbottabad.
We discuss all the necessary requirements and try our best to give you complete information about the Medical Cadet Course 2022. We hope that you will find our article beneficial and can secure your seat at AMC.
Still, if you face any difficulty regarding any test, center, and admission queries feel free to ask us in the comment section. Besides this, you can also contact us through our email. Give your valuable feedback in the comment section and share the article with your friends and family members.