The KMU Institute of Medical and Dental Sciences KIMS, in Kohat, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan, was established in April 2006 as a public sector medical college. As part of KMU-IMS/IDS, students can enroll in five-year programs leading to the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degrees, as well as a four-year program leading to the Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) degree.
The Pakistan Medical and Dental Council has approved it as a public sector medical institution. In MBBS, 100 students are enrolled based on their performance in the ETEA test, and in BDS, 50 students are enrolled. KMU is affiliated with Khyber Medical University in Peshawar.
KIMS Kohat Admission 2022
This section provides complete details on the KMU Institute of Medical and Dental Sciences course fee structure, admissions requirements, merit lists, marks, and hostel, as well as contact numbers.
- Applicants must have passed the Fsc. (Pre-Medical) Part-II or Equivalent Examination.
- Candidates must submit an F.Sc. (Pre-Medical) Part-I Marks Certificate with a minimum of 60% marks attested by the head of his/her institution.
- A British IBCC Certificate is required for foreign candidates who have completed an Intermediate or equivalent course in Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
Required Documents Details
The following are general documents. These documents must be submitted regardless of whether you are applying for MBBS admission in 2022 at KMU Institute of Medical Sciences College or any other course. Be sure you have all the required documents. After you have them, you can apply for admission.
- On the admission form, attach a recent picture
- CNIC or B-Form
- Father CNIC
- Domicile (Could be Optional)
- NOC (Required in some cases)
- Hafiz-e-Quran Certificate (If you are Hafiz)
- Information on previous certificates must be accurate.
How to Apply for KIMS Kohat Admission
Admissions applications must be submitted online through the KMU Admissions website. Follow the steps below to submit an application successfully.
- Visit the KMU Admissions website.
- Sign in to your account after creating one.
- Complete your profile, contact information, and qualifications.
- Submit your challan by downloading the form.
- MCB branches accept challans for payment.
- The fee will be automatically verified within 48 hours.
- You now need to wait for the merit list.
Reserved Seats Categories
The following categories have some reserved seats in addition to Open Merit:
- Backward Areas
- Newly Merged Tribal Districts/FATA
- Army Public School
- Overseas Pakistani Foundation
- Afghan National
Merit Formula for Admissions:
Admissions will be based on the following formula:
- Matriculation: 10%
- Intermediate: 40%
- MDCAT/SAT-II: 50%
Important KMU admission dates
Scholarships Offered in KMU
Students with good grades and meeting the eligibility requirements can apply for the scholarships. If you’re a student looking to save money or just need help to pay for tuition, scholarships will make your education more affordable. There are many sources of scholarship money including schools themselves, and outside organizations that want to fund higher education.
Check Also: Rawalpindi Medical College Admission
Programs offered by KMU
- Doctor Of Physical Therapy (DPT) (Five Years Program)
- BS. Nursing (4 Years Program)
- BS Paramedics (4 years program)
- B. Sc MLT( 2 years Program Evening Shift)
- MPH (General) (Two years program)
- MPH (Maternal, Neonatal & Child Health)(Two years program)
- MPH (Non-Communicable Disease)(Two Years program)
- Master in Hospital Administration (MHA) Program (Two Years program)
- MSc. EPIDEMIOLOGY & BIOSTATISTICS(Two Years Program)
- Ph.D. Public Health (Three Years Program)
- M.S Physical Therapy(Two Years Program)
- Transitional Doctor Of Physical Therapy (t-DPT)(One Year’s Program)
- Master in Nursing (MSN) (2-Year Program)
- Post RN (2 years Program)
- Master In Health Professions Education (MHPE)
- Master in Health Research (MHR)
- M Phil (Two years) & Ph.D. ( Three years ) in Basic Medical Sciences
- Certificate in Health Professions Education (CHPE)
- Certificate in Health Research (CHR)
KIMS Kohat Hostel Information
Hostel fees and allocations are based on the submission of admission fees. The following facilities are available at the hostel.
- Hostel rooms that are well furnished
- Water facilities are available
- Common Rooms
- TV Rooms
- Indoor Sports
- Security 24/7
- Hostel Laundry
The AMC does not allow student unions to operate, except for societies and clubs. The following are some of the clubs of KMU.
- Student Action Committee (SAC)
- Study Aid Foundation for Excellence (SAFE)
- Poor Patients Welfare Organization (PPWO)
- Student Volunteers Group
- Hockey Club
- Basketball Club
- Cricket Club
- Hiking Club
The KMU is a public medical college located in Kohat, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan.
First of all, there are no free seats. Although the government colleges’ fees are very low, they can be considered free seats.
Read our full article, follow all steps, and secure your seat at KMU.
If you want to know anything about fee structures, admission policy, hostel facility, or something else about KMU Institute of Medical Sciences College you can contact the college administration.
- Contact : 92-91 9217703, 9217696
- Website : www.kmu.edu.pk
- Address: Phase 2 Kohat Development Authority (KDA), Kohat Development Authority, Kohat, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
Our article about KMU Institute of Medical Sciences College Admission 2022-23 is sure to be of interest to you. Our goal is to provide you with detailed, complete information about the KMIS admission for 2022.
Still, if you face any difficulty regarding anything about the KMU Institute of Medical Sciences College admissions, feel free to ask us in the comment section. Our MBBS team is always looking forward to solving your queries as soon as possible. Besides this, give you valuable feedback in the comments and share the article with your friends and family members.